Our experts work with you to provide realistic cost effective solutions to help you achieve your performance goals, mitigate environmental impacts, and meet regulations responsibly. Our team can help you efficiently optimize your flow systems, no matter if it's building and tunnel ventilation systems, condensate liquid collection systems, or utility and industrial air pollution control equipment. We couple our technical expertise with laboratory modeling techniques and put state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamic modeling to work to help design reliable solutions to each project we tackle.
Examples of projects and applications include:
- NOx, SOx, Hg, PM collection system design
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Stack liquid discharge, including Wet Stack Studies
- Dust deposition and entrainment
- System optimization and pressure loss reduction
- Exhaust fume ventilation
- Odor control system sizing
- Building and tunnel ventilation
- Building and tunnel fire evaluation
- Building wind flow
- Cooling tower plume transport and re-ingestion
- Icing from humid flows in cold environments
- Vortex shedding
- Fluid / structure interaction
"What they’ve done for others, the papers they’ve presented, the results we’ve seen - that’s what makes Alden leaders and why we use them."
Director of Process Development, Certainteed
Poudre River Drop Structure Replacement
Alden provided structural and hydraulic engineering and CFD modeling to replace the Poudre River drop structure with a stepped spillway and stilling basin.
Grout Performance Testing – Logan Martin Dam
An innovative large scale enclosed pressure grouting test chamber is being used to evaluate and optimize grout mix design performance at Logan Martin Dam