Whether you're in biotech, pharmaceutical, or industrial processing, we can help you optimize your flow-related designs. Alden is an independent, third party laboratory that provides a variety of consulting services—from component testing, to scaled experimental models for large installations, to complex computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling.
Our particular focus is on scaling up successful lab-scale technologies to commercial-scale systems when flow processes are important. This service becomes particularly important when mixing rates, reaction rates, and mass transfer rates are all on a similar time scale.
Examples of projects and applications include:
- Chromatography scale-up
- Filter optimization
- Pre-cast concrete curing chambers
- Fiberglass forming improvements
- Process heating / cooling
- Algae pond optimization
- Commodity chemical production
- Carbon capture / sequestration
- Mixing / reaction tank design
- Multiphase heat and mass transfer
- Grid scale energy storage
- Flow battery optimization
- Plasma vapor deposition
"Every system Solidia builds is the first of its kind. Working with Kimbal Hall and Alden gives us confidence to skip costly physical prototyping, and accelerate our projects by months. And I actually mean that."
Director, Engineering at Solidia