Efficient treatment of stormwater runoff is strongly dependent upon the performance of separator and filtration treatment devices. Both existing and new stormwater technologies must demonstrate they meet state and local regulatory mandates and protocols before field installation.
That’s why so many best management practices (BMP) manufacturers turn to us. Our stormwater testing facilities provide independent, third party laboratory testing to give you defensible data to rapidly and accurately demonstrate product performance and compliance. In addition to physical testing, we can call upon our expertise with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and applied fluid mechanics to give you clear and precise information to optimize stormwater units for greater sediment removal, flow capacities, and reduced system losses.
Our scientists and engineers have been actively involved in the development and implementation of several laboratory stormwater verification testing protocols and standards, including:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection "Laboratory Protocol to Assess Total Suspended Solids Removal by a Hydrodynamic Sedimentation Manufactured Treatment Device” 2013
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection "Laboratory Protocol to Assess Total Suspended Solids Removal by a Filtration Manufactured Treatment Device” 2013
- Canadian Environmental Technology Verification Program “Procedure for Laboratory Testing of Oil-Grit Separators” 2013 (revised 2014)
- ASTM standards authorship for Hydraulic testing; stormwater testing standard with committee oversight ASTM #2 removal standard
Our dedicated stormwater testing facility offers:
- Full-scale (1:1) Testing
- High Flow Capacities (~20 cfs)
- Independent Compliance Testing
- Sediment Removal Efficiency Testing
- Hydraulic Characteristics Testing
- Design Optimization
- Real-time Video Documentation
- Computerized Data Acquisition System
- 45,000 gallon Supply Sump
- Heated for Cold Weather Testing
- High Capacity Filtration system (< 1micron)
- In-house SSC Sample Analysis
- Analysis of PSD, Constituents, etc.
Got a minute?
Dive in to learn more about the Alden advantage